CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 6, 2009

As I promised....

Today I'm gonna write about the two dinners. (And I might write a lil about school, it depends. ;P)

So on the first dinner which was on last Friday night, we ate with Uncle Tet (Don't know how to spell his name. :P) and his family.

So we went to a place somewhere in Subang.... i think... (My direction skill are HORRIBLE!!!!)

It is called Restoran Welcome Seafood I think. It's some where hidden behind some Steamboat shop etc. whatever it is called.

So we ate Yee Sang first.

At first I was like "0.o We are gonna eat Yee Sang?? (First time eating Yee Sang)"

so they had two packets of some weird crackers. First he poured it out, second, my father grabbed it and said "You should crush it first... *starts crushing it*"

Me: 0.o Dad.... What are you doing??

Uncle Tet's son: 0_o (By his face he looks like he's gonna ask if my father is crazy XD)

Others: Just staring.......

They also added the sauce. They nearly pured the peanut sauce when Uncle Tet asked them to leave it. (He said something like that I think..)

Then we toss it without saying much. Since there were many chopsticks tossing, I didn't really toss much.

Then I took some..... And then I ate it...

Me: Uhhhh???? ( I think I seriously said that when I ate it. I was at daze when I ate it.)

I didn't like it.

So I was forced to eat EVERY single thing on my plate. ;_;

My dad and Uncle Tet sat next to me. (Oh great. Two fathers siiting next to me. :/)

And I have no idea why but Uncle tet keeps asking me questions like:

Do you want more yee Sang? You want more soup? You need more water? You want me to get you chicken? You want.. You want??"

Then I also got alittle sien hearing him asking me. ;_;

Our second dish was Sharks Fin Soup. (Yeah.... Shark's fin soup.....)

Then it was erm.... What was it?????

Errr... I think it was vegetables..... Let's just skip the veges. XD (How evil of me >8D)

Next was the 3 yolk egg. (I think that was how they put it.)

There was egg, egg and more egg! Yay!! (I'm feeling pretty lame now as you can see.)

Of all sudden, a few Philippines came. Two women was holding some brochures to ask us to donate and help the children. Another man was playing the guitar and singing along to it.

He was playing "We Are The World" By Micheal Jackson and some other women.

I still remember that song. :) Teacher made us sing that and "Oh, Malaysia!" over and over again during perhimpunan one day during std.3 or 4.

I think I still have the lyrics to We Are The World. (Runs of to find it)

First they stopped at two tables before they came to us.

And, oh joy. He was right behind me.

And how rare, my mother donated.

My dad and Uncle Tet joked:

Uncle Tet: You know ah, the Filipinos are very good at singing .

My Father: Ya. They are like the Blacks. The Blacks can play basketball very well. (He said it a no-offence manner BTW.)

Then it was the Mini-Herbal Chicken.

Yes, it's small as they said mini.

Uncle Tet: Li Anne, you want me to get chicken for you?

Me: Errr....... (Looks at my dad)

My Dad: Okay la. Thanks ya!

Me: 0_o

It may sound like it wasn't alot, but it was very feeling and the egg, vege and Yee Sang was BIG!

Then you know what???? He ordered Sea-Coconut! I was like 0.o He is going to kill us by overeating.

They came and etc.etc. (He asked my if I wanted more... again!)

After that, he asked us, "Do you want to go for desert?" We were like 0.o

He wanted to take us to either Happy Beans or Basking Robbins.

Be for going to our answer, let me tell you about Happy Beans. :D

The first time we ate with them for dinner was during January or December I think.

And that time, we ate seafood! (Again?)

So not going into details for the food, he asked us to go either Basking Robins or Happy Beans.

So we tried Happy beans. (FYI, Happy beans is located somewhere around Taipan.)

So we ate there, the were all kinds of stuff there. My dad had ABC only that it had barley and something else I can't remember.

Me and my mother shared some desert with the black 'pearls' with nuts and barley. My sisters had the one with red bean instead of nuts.

It was nice. There was also a cylinder shaped thingy which tasted like tong yuen.

So back to the reality, instead, we went to their house.

And talked and talked and talked.

We ate Aunty Tet's sister's homemade Ha peng. And watched Jurassic Park 3. then we went home around 10.30.

I'm feeling lazy (Again!)

So I'll write bout the second dinner another time. (It's gonna be ALOT longer!!!)

Be prepared to read a long and picture-less post!!




0 comments: