CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief movie!!

I seriously love this series called Percy Jackson and the Olympians. They are going to release their first movie next year February!!!!!!!!!!!

( I got the pictures of the cast from the Percy Jackson fan thingy on Facebook. These are just their photos and not from the movie :D)

The casts:



Logan Lerman as Percy Jackson.

I think he would do a good Percy. But I thought he was only supposed to be 12 in The Lightning Thief. @_@



Brandon T. Jackson as Grover Underwood

NOOOOOO!!!! Grover is supposed to look the same age as Percy! And he is supposed to be a SATYR! I pictured Grover something like the satyr from Narnia.. (the movie)



Alexandra Daddario as Annabeth Chase

@____@ She's supposed to be...... blonde. Oh well, I read in the authors blog that he actually made Annabeth a brunette but made her a blonde instead. He always mixes stuff up in his books. One of their Pegasus was a female but became a male in another book. ( I think.)



Jake Abel as Luke Castellan

I think he might do a good Luke... But I cant imagine the big scary scar across his face. But I guess this is better then making Jesse McCartney the chinese dude from Avatar. ( Apparently Jesse McCartney was casted as that chinese guy in the Avatar movie. @_@ The horror. )




Chelan Simmons as Silena Beauregard

She looks like those kind of girls you see in like MTV or Channel V Sweet 16 or those so-called reality shows on teenage girls. I pictured her differently.



Melina Kanakaredes as Athena ( Goddess of Wisdom)

Hmmmmm... She's OK i think......


Sean Bean as Zeus ( God of the Sky *sort of...*)

@_@ No comment. I don't know how to comment on this. *stares at picture wide-eyed*




Kevin McKidd as Poseidon ( God of the Sea )

NOOOO Not Poseidon!! He looks too off place as Poseidon. I thought Sean Bean would be better as Poseidon since he is supposed to be very smiley. ( Sean Bean is acting as Zeus. Refer to the man above Kevin McKidd)


Pierce Bronson as Chiron

..... Pierce Bronson is gonna be a centaur?!?! I could not belive my eyes... Seriously.



Ray Winstone as Ares ( God of War)

Ok I'm getting pretty tired of commenting bout people I don't really like from the book so I'll just skip him :)



Dimitri Lekkos as Apollo ( God of *ALOT OF THINGS! If you want to know click here)

I guess he is also OK.. I almost wanted him to be blonde because...... I don't know, the way they described him in the book made me thing he was blonde XD


Serinda Swan as Aphrodite ( Goddess of Love/Beauty)

I pictured her blonde but she is nice too! ( unless they change her hair to blonde in the movie @_@)



Catherine Keener as Sally Jackson

I'm really lazy to comment about her. Skip.


Dylan Neal as Hermes ( God of Messangers)

Luke Castellan's father... I don't know why this guy reminds me of Backstreet boys but he doesn't even look like them!



Erica Cera as Hera ( Goddess of Marriage/Woman/Family *Im also not sure..* )

Cera rhymes with Hera :D



Luke Camilleri as Dionysus ( God of Wine )

........ I'm speechless.

The man facing me was small, but porky. He had a red nose, big watery eyes and curly hair so black it was almost purple. He looked like those paintings of baby angels - what do you call them, hubbubs? No, cherubs. That's it. he looked like a cherub who'd turned middle-age in a trailer park. He wore a tiger-pattern Hawaiian shirt, and he would've fitted right in at one of Gabe's poker parties, except I got the feeling this guy could've out-gambled even my stepfather.

That was how they described him in the book. I think Luke Camilleri doesn't really suit him. =_=


Joe Pantoliano as Gabe Ugliano ( it's rumored)

Haha. Skip.




Stefanie von Pfetten as Demeter ( Goddess or Fertility )

I cant comment since I can't really remember her from the book XD



Rosario Dawson as Persephone ( Goddess of the Dead *i'm not sure.. I think she married Hades..* )

No comment on her too :D



Maria Olsen as Mrs. Dodds ( Also one of the Fates i think.)

Er... don't ask me why only her face has colour.



Uma Thurman as Medusa

@_@ oh WOW.



Steve Coogan as Hades ( God of the Underworld)

WHAT THEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! This is NOT Hades. He is too smiley.

So.......... yeah. Thats it I guess. ( Cant wait for the movie to come out XD)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

OMGS!!!!

createmenew said...

shoot meh...NOW?!

Susannah said...

Ahhh! I thought i might tell you (even though you prob know this since you posted the cast in november) but in the movie percy, Annabeth, and Grover a going to be seventeen. :D

Nekaku said...

well think about it, would you like to watch a 12 year old boy save the world? so they changed the movie... but i know i won't like the movie since i read the book (that's just me and my i-don't-like-movies-after-reading-the-book-because-it's-different attitude)

Allison said...

That's NOT right. Some of them looked good and most of them you're thinking: That's really, really messed up.

Anonymous said...

Some of them are totally how I pictured them but some of them are completely different! I'm not trying to insult them or anything but... Annabeth is supposed to have blonde hair?? Grover is NOT supposed to be black?? and What??? 17??? Doesn't that ruin the whole 16 prophecy thing??? THEY'RE SCREWING IT UP!

Unknown said...

OMG! annabeth is supposed to have blond hair(duh!) and grover is soooooooo not black (no offense man) and come on! that guy? Hades? that one girl wasx right he is waaaayyy too smiley!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear.
Grover's not black.
Annabeth's blonde.
Pierce Bronson's not the guy for Chiron...
Luke Camilleri as Dionysus...?!?!
Heh...no.
Steve Coogan as Hades...I always imagined Hades as the Hades in Hercules (the old Disney one). Blue skin, blue fire on his head, ROFLOL XDDD Idk why...

I really don't think the movie'll be that good...o3o
The book was great, but the movie...I'm kind of afraid to watch. xDD

Unknown said...

oommggg!!!! i dont remember silena from the book.. ??